Learn how to curate films and program events for the largest environmental film festival in the world.
The Programming Intern will support the Director of Programming and Programming Manager in all facets of Festival programming, including assisting in the research, review, and planning of potential Festival film programs. The Programming Intern would work 10-20 hours per week from September through December, but September through March is ideal. Duration and hours are flexible.
- Watch and review films under consideration for the Festival lineup
- Assist Programming staff in obtaining films and exploring program ideas through online research
- Help to identify relevant speakers and personnel for post-screening panels and Q&A’s
- Assist the Programming Manager with the coordination of Screening Committee assignments and communicate with the film screeners as needed
- Assist Programming staff with spreadsheet and data management
- Work with Programming staff to collect information and materials from filmmakers, venues, and Festival partners
- Provide administrative support to all Festival staff as needed
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Technologically savvy and able to learn new digital platforms
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Dropbox, and comfortable on Mac OS X
- Flexible and willing to take on numerous roles
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop CS3 preferred but not required
- Interest in environmental issues and background in Cinema Studies preferred but not required
To apply: please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.