Create impact campaigns for the largest & longest-running environmental film festival in the United States.
DCEFF is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated intern to assist with the Festival’s social impact initiatives. He/she will dive into environmental and policy research on various issues covered in our 2017 film selections and will help to inform public audiences on action steps and involvement. He/she will also help measure social impact effectiveness through social media and website analytics, and assist in strategizing new and inventive ways to interact with the public. He/she may also develop and create infographics for the Festival, which will be shared on social media platforms, our website, and at Festival screenings.
This internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are preferred. The internship runs from January through April. The internship would require a minimum of 10-20 hours per week.
- Watch and review films
- Research films, environmental topics, and action initiatives
- Write impact language and conceptualize accompanying visuals
- Identify and share resources for audience members
- Design infographics on Indesign or Photoshop
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Demonstrated experience in research and fact checking
- Knowledge of environmental issues and policy
- Experience with graphic design in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Close attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively
- Flexibility and willingness to take on numerous roles
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Mac OS X
- Passion for the environment