Produce and edit video content for the largest and longest-running environmental film festival in the United States.
The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital (DCEFF) is the world’s largest showcase of environmental films. We are in search ofDCEFF is looking for a skilled multimedia producer and editor to manage videos that will appear on our website and social media channels. S/he will be a part of a creative, dedicated team that works together to produce this major annual two-week cultural event, plus a year-round schedule of programs and educational events for the Washington, DC metro.
Each March we partner with leading museums, embassies, universities and theaters in Washington DC to present more than 100 films from around the world. Our audiences are passionate, informed and large. Festival films screen to audiences of 30,000 annually and many screenings are free. All are accompanied by thought-provoking discussion panels that bring together filmmakers and subject matter experts.
This internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are preferred. The internship runs from September through December, or January through April, although preference will be given to candidates who can commit to for an entire academic year from September-April. The internship would require a minimum of 10-20 hours per week, with additional hours necessary in the run-up and during the Festival.
· Repurpose existing video content and utilize snippets from Festival films & events
· Edit video footage into short videos with guidance and direction from Festival staff
· Post videos to DCEFF website and social media channels
· Manage production workflow; archive and keep track clips, as needed
· Help publicize videos on social media
· Skilled at videography (Festival has Sony camcorder – NX5u)
· Proficient at non-linear video editing
· Skilled in the use of Adobe Premiere
· Knowledge of After Effects a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.