Help develop and implement communications strategy for the largest green film festival in the world.
The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital (DCEFF) is the world’s premier showcase of environmental films. Since 1993, our mission has been to celebrate the Earth and inspire understanding and stewardship of the environment through the power of film.
We are in search of a Marketing and Communications Intern to be part of a creative, dedicated team that works together to produce this major annual cultural event, plus a year-round schedule of programs and educational events for the Washington, D.C. metro.
This internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are preferred. The internship runs from September through December, or January through April, although preference may be given to candidates who can commit to for an entire academic year from September-April. The internship would require 10-20 hours per week, with additional hours necessary in the run-up and during the Festival (March 12-22, 2020).
- Assisting with the creation of regular communications and newsletters
- Updating and creating website content (WordPress), including film and event pages
- Assisting with the promotion of the Festival and its films by preparing marketing toolkits for use by the Festival’s partners
- Updating DCEFF’s Flickr account and drafting social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) on the Festival, our films and related environmental issues
- Conducting research on like-minded organizations to connect with online
- Brainstorming creative ideas to incentivize user engagement and social conversion, across platforms
- Other duties, as needed/assigned
- College Junior or Senior studying Film, Communications, English, Environmental Science, or related field
- Demonstrated interest in film and the environment
- Proficient with social media platforms
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience with (or interest in learning) graphic design, email marketing, and website content management (WordPress)
- Video-editing skills preferred but not required
To apply for a Fall or Winter internship please send your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.