Help develop and implement communications strategy for the largest green film festival in the world.
The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital (DCEFF) is the world’s largest showcase of environmental films. We are in search of a Marketing and Communications Intern to be part of a creative, dedicated team that works together to produce this major annual two-week cultural event, plus a year-round schedule of programs and educational events for the Washington, DC metro.
Each March we partner with leading museums, embassies, universities and theaters in Washington DC to present more than 100 films from around the world. Our audiences are passionate, informed and large. Festival films screen to audiences of 30,000 annually and many screenings are free. All are accompanied by thought-provoking discussion panels that bring together filmmakers and subject matter experts.
The internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are welcome.
- Researching new media and press contacts for the Festival
- Updating media lists for TV, radio, print and online targeted outreach
- Assisting with the promotion of the Festival and its films by preparing press materials and pitches, posting information online, email marketing and other outreach
- Entering photos and descriptions of DCEFF films in our WordPress CMS
- Drafting tweets and posts on Festival films and related environmental issues
- Creating blog posts and sharing site content on social media
- Conducting research on trending topics and like-minded organizations to connect with online
- Brainstorming creative ideas to incentivize user engagement and social conversion, across platforms
- Other duties, as needed/assigned
- Journalism or communications/marketing studies or background
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Accuracy in attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in film and the environment
- Fluency with Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere and other design/editing software preferred
To apply for a Fall or Winter internship please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.