Create & promote content for the largest & longest-running environmental film festival in the United States.
The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital is a growing global resource for environmental film. The Festival website and related social media channels serve to promote our films and events to diverse audiences, in order to advance the public’s understanding of the planet. The Site & Social Media Intern plays a major role in enhancing our digital brand and growing our online audience. He/she will produce a portfolio of visual and written content, including film descriptions, blog posts, and multimedia.
This internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are preferred. The internship runs from January through April. The internship would require a minimum of 10-20 hours per week.
- Entering photos and descriptions of DCEFF’s 2016 films in our WordPress CMS
- Creating blog posts to promote DCEFF events (past interns created a series of published blog posts for their portfolio)
- Acquiring and/or creating photographs of DCEFF partner venues for use in DCEFF print and online publications
- Drafting tweets and posts on Festival films and related environmental issues
- Promoting website content on social media
- Conducting research on trending topics and like-minded organizations to connect with online
- Brainstorming creative ideas to incentivize user engagement and social conversion, across platforms
- Experience using WordPress
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop
- Interest and experience in still photography
- Knowledge of best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Pursuing a degree in media production, web design/development, digital communications, or similar
- Demonstrated interest in film and the environment
- Passion for content marketing and interactive media