Create content for the largest and longest-running environmental film festival in the United States.
The DCEFF Website serves as our global presence and identity, promoting the organization and our events to diverse audiences. The Website Intern plays a major role in making the DCEFF website a go-to resource for those with a passion for environmental films and the issues they present. The Website Intern will produce a portfolio of visual and written products including film descriptions, blogs, and photo slideshows.
The internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are preferred. A travel stipend is possible. The internship runs from September through December and requires a 10-20 hours per week.
- Entering photos and descriptions of DCEFF’s 2016 films in our WordPress CMS
- Creating blog posts to promote DCEFF events (past interns created a series of published blog posts for their portfolio)
- Acquiring and/or creating photographs of DCEFF partner venues for use in DCEFF print and online publications
- Promoting website content on social media
- Experience using WordPress
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop
- Interest and experience in still photography
- Knowledge of best practices for Facebook and Twitter
- Pursuing a degree in media production, web design/development, digital communications, or similar
- Demonstrated interest in film and the environment