Develop and implement communications strategy for the largest and longest-running environmental film festival in the U.S.
The Public Relations Director of the Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital, the largest and longest-running environmental film festival in the U.S., seeks interns for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 to assist with the development and implementation of our communications strategy for the 25th Anniversary Festival. The Festival will take place from March 14-26, 2017 with year-round screenings also scheduled prior to the Festival window.
The internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are welcome. The Fall internship runs from mid-September through mid-December and the Spring internship from January through June. Hours are flexible.
- Researching new media and press contacts for the Festival
- Updating media lists for TV, radio, print and online targeted outreach
- Evaluating the reach of a variety of media
- Writing short descriptions for films that will be shown in the 2016 Festival
- Assisting with the promotion of Fall Festival programs by preparing press materials, email marketing and other outreach
- Journalism or marketing studies or background
- Excellent writing skills
- Accuracy in attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in film and the environment
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Helen Strong, email@example.com by September 19, 2016.