Learn highly marketable skills in the field of non-profit development and/or event management.
The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital (DCEFF), the largest and longest running event of its kind, is looking for a detail-oriented and motivated intern to assist with all aspects of fundraising and/or event management duties. Celebrating its 25th Anniversary Festival from March 14-26, 2017, DCEFF works to promote understanding of the environment through the power of film.
This internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are preferred. The internship runs from January through April. The internship would require a minimum of 10-20 hours per week.
Plan and assist with all stages of event planning and management for a broad range of events. Depending on interest/experience of the candidate, intern could provide general support for the full range of 12 to 15 events OR take on additional responsibility for select events.
- Events include large public screenings during the March Festival and year-round, smaller receptions for high-level speakers and donors, two major fundraising events (fall and spring), as well as four filmmaker awards programs and opening and closing night of the Festival.
- Duties include: assisting in planning events, preparing schedules, interfacing with partner and venue contacts, drafting speaking notes and run of shows, editing and drafting copy for programs and invitations, selecting photos, managing guest lists and gifts, updating files and lists as necessary, and on-site execution of events.
Provide support for all development team tasks and operations, including:
- Compiling/researching information for proposals & reports
- Updating donor lists and creating/updating spreadsheets
- Database management and data-entry
- Support fundraising mailings and campaigns
- Administrative duties, including assisting with mailings and filing, as needed
- Proactive worker with eye for detail and high-level organizational skills
- Positive and professional office demeanor
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets & document design (Excel/Word/Google Docs)
- Layout/design experience a plus (Adobe Creative Suite/InDesign)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 20, 2016.